Sunday, December 7, 2008

The First Snow!!

It is now beginnning to look a lot like Christmas around here in Indiana. We had our first snow fall and I forget how beautiful it is to look out and have everything covered in white. It was wonderful!! Porter was tentative at first wondering what snow was and didn't really want to touch it, but quickly warmed up to the idea that you could pick up that fluffy white stuff and eat it. I wish we would have had time to go sledding. I am sure he would have loved it. Anyway, I am very excited for Christmas now.

I am way behind on my blog and have to give an update on our fun fall adventures. Here is a random sampler of the past few weeks.

We took our annual trip to a local state park to see the beautiful fall leaves. This park has many look out towers that allow you to see the fall colored trees.

We have broken down and become those parents that put their kid on a leash. Just kidding we were playing with a dog leash. It was funny to see Porter try to get away.

We really did have fun carving pumpkins this year. We didn't carve them until the day before Halloween, but that didn't stop us from keeping them out on our porch until Thanksgiving. White trash I know. We had to enjoy them though. Porter didn't like to stick his hand down into the pumpkin, but once the pumpkin guts were out he had no problem getting them everywhere.

This is what the average picture that I try to take of Porter looks like these days. He is definitely past the stage of posing for me to take the perfect picture. The second he sees the camera he wants to see it to, so by the time I get the button pushed and my slow camera take the picture this is the close up head shot that has been taken. I do so wish for a new camera for Christmas. Hint, Hint Terry :)!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love all the pics. That state park is beautiful! OK - and the leash thing -- we just bought one of those "Monkey Harness Backpack" type of things. I actually can't wait to use it. I guess we are "those" parents! :) Ha!

Liz  said...

I am wishing for snow here! That family picture of you three is so cute!!! I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas! Porter is so cute, I can't wait to see his little personality!
P.S. Beth I have called twice now and left messages:) So tag YOU are it!
Love ya!

Marianna said...

I feel like little Porter has just grown up with out his favorite aunt!!! And I utterly can not beleive you put your child on a leash!! Shame shame. I am so excited to see you guys I can hardly contain myself!

The Crace's said...

Oh, we are definitely those parents! If we didn't have Owen on a harness, he'd be long gone by now!

The Wynn Family said...

The pumpkins are great! Hey we would like to send you guys a Christmas Card. Can you send us your address? My email is bdwyn1@gmail.com Thanks

Bedkes said...

Snow, what's that? My kids have no idea what snow is. When are you due? How are you feeling? I am due March 31st.