Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Spring Mill


We decided to plan a fun trip to visit the Amish and go hiking at Spring Mill. We first went and got some cheap eggs and looked at the fun things the Amish do. I still am dreaming about getting a fun rocking chair from them someday. Then we went to Spring mill, looked in all the cabins that have all the different proffesions of a village. The weaver, blacksmith, doctor, drug store. The new fun thing this year was to see a potter. She was making clay pots on the wheel. This year was the first year that they had done it. Hein's kids went with us Michael, Sam, and Adam. They had fun watching the potter. We spent the most time there. I carried Porter around in his carrier on my stomach. Michael helped out for a bit. He wanted to try it out. I watched him as he walked, sat and had to pick up things off the floor funny. I told him that is how it feels to be pregnant. I just laughed as I watched him. Porter just loves to be in that carrier. We then went on a little hike through the trees along a little stream that goes to a cave about a mile back in the park. It was a nice day and when we got to the cave it was like a natural air conditioner back there. The water was freezing cold. The kids and Terry had fun hiking in both of the openings of the cave and sliding down the waterfall. It is so mossy and there are a few big smooth rocks that you can just slide down. They just had so much fun sliding down it like a water slide.
Terry, Sam, Michael and Adam all climbed up this hillside to one of the cave openings. I stayed down at the bottom. The joys of being a mother!!!

This picture is of my computer illiteracy! I have taken like 2 weeks and about 7 phone calls to Liz just to get some pictures on my blog. I finally got this one downloaded and it is going the wrong direction. You would think well then just delete it. But there is my next problem I don't know how. Anyway, I hope you just enjoy the pictures.

Having fun on the nature made water slide. I thought this was pretty good action shot with my amateur skills of photography.

3 comments:

Liz  said...

It sounds like you have so many fun things to do around where you live! I can't wait to come visit!
P.S. I am dreaming of getting my own rocking chair from the Amish as well.

Olivia said...

I've got Zook's number as soon as you've saved up 150 to pay for the chair. :-)

Clark Family said...

How fun! You crack me up with the sideways picture. :-)