Friday, February 15, 2008

Ice Storm

Its crazy to think that I grew up in Ashton Idaho where it is notorious for freezing wheather, but have never experienced what I did this week. I lived through an ice storm. It was my first one. I had heard about them, but never really knew what they were about. We looked outside on Tuesday morning and the world was covered in a sheet of ice!! It was amazing. It almost looked like snow on the deck, but when you stepped on it it was as hard as a rock. You could literally ice skate in our driveway or anywhere for that matter. School was closed for two days straight. I loved it. It was almost like having a normal family again. Terry was home and so we had breakfast, lunch and dinner together as a family for both days. We played monopoly and Lord of the Rings RISK. I am sad to report that I lost every game. AGGHHH!! I couldn't believe my horrible rolling of the dice luck. Anyway despite the poor losing streak we had a fun filled two days.

Porter is growing still (I think)!!? We went to the doctor's office today and he had lost weight, about a half a pound. He got taller though. I've got to feed that little busy body more!! Anyway, he weighs 16 lbs. 4 oz. He only has one bottom tooth on the left side and one on the top coming in. He loves to crawl everywhere and pull up on everything. He has figured out how to climb up the stairs so our latest investment was a gate. He loves to click his tongue and he does it all the time. He loves grown up food. It doesn't matter if he just ate a ton of food of his own. If he sees someone with food he'll crawl over to you, climb up you and grunt until you give him some. It is crazy. He just learned how to play patty-cake and I can't believe how fast he learned. Kids are amazing.

I got offered a job and I accepted. I am going to start working next Monday. I am really nervous and stressed out just because of all the details of getting Porter taken care of and the routine taken care of and also because I am going to be working in an area that I haven't really worked in before. I am going to be working in Mother Baby, dealing with the mother's who have just given birth and the newborns. I am excited for that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when you put videos on here! Its so fun to watch. The ice storm was cool. I'm glad you got to spend time with Terry. I can't belive you, the queen of all game playing, LOST! You never lose!
I remember feeling nervous/sad/ scared, etc. about leaving Miller to go to work. Its hard to leave your baby, but I'm sure it will be good for Porter. Just think of all of us other mothers that did it! You can do it! We love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I see my truck and Sam's car in the background of that first pic! :o) Wasn't the storm fun? All the parking lots looked like big frozen ponds! Glad you guys got to spend some family time because of it.

Olivia said...

I'll never forget the first ice storm I experienced in PA. It was crazy- everything coated with a 1 in. layer of ice. I remember trying to chip away the ice off the windshield. -Makes me think of frost in a whole different way!