Friday, February 22, 2008

The Family

This is my handsome boy ready for church. I realized that I dress him up for church, but haven't really got a picture of him all dressed up. This one isn't the best, but he sure gets compliments from all on his grown up boy look. He even took the sacrament for the first time last Sunday. He got his own piece of bread, but needed a lot of help with the water. It was so cute. His latest developement in communication is his ability to shake his head no. He loves to do it. He thinks it is a little game. He also loves to walk while holding your hands. He would gets mad/scared if you let go of one hand or if you quit doing it.

Me and my little buddy. This week on Monday was my first day of work. I have had to do some orientation which has made me go everyday from 8am-5pm. It has been hard, but good since Donna, Terry's mom has been more than willing to tend Porter. I am so appreciative because she not only doesn't mind, but I get the impression that she loves to do it. She loves to teach him new things and play with him all day. On the other side work has been pretty good. I have to sit through classes all day, but they have let us go home early many of those days. Some information is new, but most of it I have heard a thousand times before and think it is a waste of time. I am anxious to start doing the real work that I am going to do.

I got a picture of Terry and his buzzed head. The whole swimming team did and also the other coach. They say that shaving all the hair of you at the end of the season right before the big competition will make you swim faster and hopefully win. I don't think it really helps and even Terry said that it really didn't. It's all a mental thing and hopefully gets you the boost of spirit to do better. State is this weekend and hopefully they do good. I'll keep you posted.


9 comments:

Liz said...

Your blog is looking good! That is such a cute picture with you and Porter smiling away!

Jennie said...

Hey Bethany, I haven't looked at your blog in a while, but I started one so now I am going back to look at everyone's. That is great that you get to work. It sounds like a good situation. I always thought you were the best nurse and loved to visit you those late nights in Provo with Wendy's. My new blog is grantandjenniesleight.blogspot

Bedkes said...

You look so great and your family is so cute. Tell Terry good luck at state and I like his shaved head!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,
I saw your blog through lance and tess's. Your little man is so handsome. Jon and I are so happy to see that you are doing well. keep up the good work.
Jon Alan and Robyne Zollinger

Pace Family said...

I just loved seeing Porter dressed up in his little tie during Stake Conference. He entertained us all in our "family row" during conference. Your pictures look so cute.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! Porter is such a doll.

Brad said...

Hey!!! This is a message for Terry, Terry Tlustek -- which rhymes with Gluestick. Its been a long time since those days back at Sunrise Apt 45 at BYU-I. I was just thinking about those days gone by and happened to find your Awesome family Blog. I had heard through the Rexburg grapevine that you were a family man now, and wanted to say you guys have a beautiful family - it looks like you are going to be in for lots of fun with Porter! Send me an email when you get a chance or you can check out our families latest at thewynnfamily blogspot.

Laura said...

Hey Bethany! It's your old roomie Laura! I saw your comment on Mare's blog, so I thought I better check your blog out! I love it! I am so glad you are doing well! Your little boy is SO cute!

Olivia said...

What's going on with you guys??? I just read Terry's comment from his old roommate saying Tlustek rhymes with gluestick and I laughed out loud. Ok so maybe you don't find it funny but I get called Miss expired meat so anytime someone else has a last name that gets special attention I have to smile - or like I said literally laugh out loud... for several sec. love ya!!!