Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Events in Idaho

I have spent the last two weeks in Idaho. It is always a wonderful break to go and see family even though I am trying to cram in 4 months of fun into such little time. The main event this time was of course to see our dear little scraggles graduate from High School. I never thought I'd see the day when she would reach this mile stone and seem so grown up.




They had a little slide show of all the graduates. Marianna was so cute and is so beautiful now.

She was Valedictorian of her class and gave a wonderful speech. She just did a little unique highlight of each year from elementary school through high school.

I am so proud of her and enjoyed spending a day of shopping and going to lunch with her while I was there.

We all went to support her. I took Porter to the graduation, but he was so fussy that I ended up taking him to the babysitter that Mary had set up for her kids. The babysitter was also tending Amanda's kids so she ended up watching 5 kids. I was so grateful because if not I wouldn't have been able to see Marianna's speech. That is the reason for no kids in the picture.

That weekend Bret and Tania were traveling through Burley on their way to move to Cincinnati. We all decided to go and meet them there for some fun. We went and visited grandma Zollinger and she was so glad to see all of us.

I have to keep taking pictures of Porter with the animals that he loves because he acts so cute around them. He loved Grandma Clark's cats. Thank goodness there was a tame one that was really pretty nice.

He did eat some cat food before I could stop him.

Porter had his first hair cut. We went to Grandma Clark's beauty parlor. He did good for about 10 seconds while I took the picture. Then he was a wiggle worm and cried a little bit just because he wanted to see what was going on and grab the scissors.

We didn't cut off much, but he looks more like a little boy.

Porter was sick for most of our trip and needed a little distraction sometimes. Grandma Clark thought of some cute things to do. Porter loved to listen to her play the piano and she was coordinated enough to play with him on her lap. She had great patience and would just hold him in one arm all the while doing her regular jobs with the other. She said she used to do it all the time with us when we were young. She said, "that's how I would get my work done."

Thanks to Olivia for the great idea and planning we were able to get a little camping at warm river into our vacation. It wasn't the best weather, but we always seem to make memories and have fun.

On the way home we fed the fish bread and marshmallows. There were a ton of fish and were jumping for the bread like crazy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bethany for the cute pictures! It is always fun to see pictures of family. Grandma Zollinger looks really great!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I'm so glad you guys came to Burley. But I'm also so sad that we were not at the graduation! :-( You guys look like you had a ton of fun in Idaho.

Victoria said...

Hey Beth! I am so glad I found you on Brook's blog. Your little guy is growing up fast. Little boys are such a handful, but such a joy at the same time. I can't believe Tania and Bret are moving. I was hoping to move back into their ward soon. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of your trip. Looks like you guys had a great time. Porter of course looks so cute.

Kaya

Tess said...

How fun to see everyone! We miss your family so much. You guys are the best! The part about your mom was so sweet. She is an amazing woman- so selfless and giving to everyone.

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth!
Finally after more than three weeks you updated your blog!!! Thank for you that.
Nice pics! It looks like you had a lot of fun although Terry wasn't able to be with you. He missed out on a lot of fun!
Right now I am waiting for your mom and Marianna to come. They will arrive in Germany in about three hours so I better get going!

Bedkes said...

How nice to be with family, your sis is so much older and so gorgeous!

Laura said...

What a fun trip! It is SO nice to go homa and spend time with your family once in a while-- we're in a similar situation -- close to my husband's family, and not mine. I can't wait to see them next month! I'm glad you got to go home and see your family. I can't believe your little sister graduated from high school!?! When did she get to be so grown up? :)