Monday, June 23, 2008

Family Outings

These past few weeks the weather has been wonderful so we have headed out on nightly bike rides. We have usually gone just around town and to the nearest park. A few days ago we decided to go to a nearby state park and have a picnic. It was kind of a last minute thing, but we loaded up our bikes and headed out. It turned out to be wonderful. The weather was perfect. Porter loves to ride the bike so he was perfect and Terry and I just enjoyed spending time together. We found a neat bike trail that led us along a stream and we followed it until it got to rough to go any further. I love to be outside deep in the heart of natures beauties and to smell the crisp air. I also have found a new thing I love to look out for here in Indiana and that is fireflies.
I think I've always loved to ride bikes and I hope we can see many more neat things together as a family on them.
Porter got this bike seat for his birthday and he loves to go outside. He doesn't like the helmet, but once I get it on he doesn't mind it.

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Looks like fun - I only have one question why don't you make Terry haul Porter around?? I thought that was a "husband job" :-)

Laura said...

What a cutie! I love the helmet!

Olivia said...

Terry - I'm pretty sure you would have loved the game the seats were incredible and I didn't have to pay for a thing. Plus I don't particularly love baseball so do I really care that it wasn't the CUBS. Actually last time I went I think they played and beat the Cubs. Glad you guys have tickets and will be eating lots of ball park hot dogs. I really do like the base ball stadium experience.

Anonymous said...

Porter looks so cute in his oversize helmet. I am with Olivia-why isn't Terry hauling the baby???

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are so good! You biked all the way to Spring Mill and back. What an adventure.

Porter looks like he enjoys it in his cool seat.