Thursday, July 17, 2008

I love peaches, because they are so delicious!!

We have been abundantly blessed with peaches and apples this summer. The house that we moved into had two fruit trees that have been here for years. We were so surprised to see so much fruit growing on them. The peaches have really impressed me. We have gotten about 4 bushels of peaches from one tree. They are so sweet and good and good size too. Most of them bigger than a soft ball. We have highly anticipated their maturation to ripeness. We have many times had to save them from neighbors or passerbys wanting to pick them .We have given a lot away, eaten a lot fresh and made a few peach cobblers. I thought I would can them at first, but realized that they were cling peaches and hard to get off the pit.

The apples are small, but perfect for apple juice, applesauce and apple pie filling. I don't think I am going to be as good as my mom would be and make apple pie filling to freeze. I think I am just going to make apple juice.

6 comments:

Tess said...

oh yum! I am jealous. I would love some good fruit trees.

Anonymous said...

I hope there are some left by the time we get there! We'll definitely take some off your hands! YUM!

The Wynn Family said...

Yum! We are so jealous, fresh peaches are our favorite!

Sam and Mary said...

The growing season in Ashton is definately not long enough! Wish we were there to enjoy them with you!

Olivia said...

You guys live in a house did I miss something? I'm glad your enjoying a great benefit of Indiana.

Anonymous said...

I think one of your peaches is sitting in my driveway. It must've rolled down here with the rain that caused the flash flood on Sunday! :o)