Tuesday, October 30, 2007

7 things about me.

I've been tagged (thanks to my friend from colleg Fern!). Here are the rules:
A. List 7 habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B. Tag 7 people to do the same.
C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag whoever wants to do it.

1. I'm a copy cat at heart. Anything cute I have is because I saw someone have it and I liked it so I had to get it! Sadly enough it is because I have to admit that I am not creative at all.

2. I have recently gone to the dark side and purchased a swim cap and goggles and am taking swim lessons from Terry and the head coach of the swim team. I am not very good, but I have been going out to the high school and swimming with Terry's sister Alida. It is a very peaceful and relaxing way to exercise I've found out.

3. I miss speaking spanish!! I am sad to say that I have been forgetting a lot of words that I have had to look up. I need to practice more, but it does make me nervous. I hate to make mistakes. I have been talking to Terry more and more in spanish. He doesn't seem like he really wants to learn though. I wish I had enough commitment to teach Porter. I wish even more that there was a bilingual school here like Tania has in Washington that would teach him spanish for me.

4. I love to go to church! I love the ward that we are in. I love my calling in the Relief Society as Secretary. It is helping me learn how the presidency's of the organizations work. All of this is attributed to the amazing feeling of peace, love and joy of the spirit that you get when you are at church. It is irreplaceable. The church is true!!!

5. I could live in a messy house and not let it bother me one bit (as long as no creatures came because of the mess!) I am sad to admit it, but I am sure that some of you who read this I have lived with and can remember my room and how messy it was. I am happy to report that I work against this tendency very hard and my house is pretty clean most of the time!!! (Terry helps too!! Aren't husbands great!)

6. I love breastfeeding! I would recommend it to anyone as the best diet I have ever been on. Since I have been breastfeeding I have lost all my baby weight plus 10 lbs. Yeah! I feel so good and look okay too! I need to work out a little more and have been doing that too, but I have been eating like I usually do and the pounds just slowly came off.

7. I love Porter's smile. It is so addicting. I could just sit there and make him smile back at me for hours. I find myself doing it a lot, because of all the time I have at home with him. Sometimes I look over and he is just smiling away even if I'm not paying attention to him. Lately, I just have to laugh which makes him smile even more as I am trying so hard to feed him some cereal and all he wants to do is smile. I feel frustrated and then he smiles and I just crack. I know that there are more of these moments to come when you shouldn't smile, but have to because the kids are so cute.

Well, I am glad that is over. It took me about a half an hour to think of just 7 things. I don't think I am up to the "100 random things about myself list" yet! It was fun to do though. I tag Terry, Alida, Kaya, Ruffin, Bret, Mary, my mom and Marianna. I am excited to see if you all do it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I don't have your email I will just let you know my seven things here.
1. I love to hike. I would love to start a hiking club.
2. I love being primary president because it has taught me so much and I get to work with the children and help them grow in a positive way.
3. I'm a sucker for fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction. I'm such a geek!
4. I miss bejinhos! I wish I could give them here but people would think I was crazy. (I should say more crazy than I already am)
5. I would love to sing in an opera someday. I think it would be challenging and fun.
6. I love ancient history. One day I would love to go on an archeology dig in either Egypt or South America.
7. I would love to visit every temple in the world and do an endowment session.