Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What a wonderful 2 weeks

I got home just fine and Porter did much better on the trip home! I made it home with all my crafts and purchases without having to pay the overweight charge at the airport. It was a stretch though and I had to carry 2 bags through the airport but it was worth it!


Highlights of the last 2 weeks:

1. The hotel was fun and we spent three days there. I had some good babysitters!


2. We also went to a water park and spent all day there. It was indoor and that was wonderful. Porter does so good in the water and slept for a good portion of the time so that I could get some water slides in :0)

3. There were so many of us there. We went out to eat at Tomato Street. What an adventure that was!


3. Marianna did wonderful at Junior Miss. We were so proud of here that she was there and having so much fun and that she was one of those very talented girls. I enjoyed attending every one of the 3 nights. The girls you could tell were the best of the best. Listening to their talents was like going to a professional concert/ballet.


4. My mom and I were able to go to a special luncheon with Marianna Saturday before the final performance. She told us little backstage stories about how neat all the girls were.



5. We only got to talk to her through notes and phone calls, but the last night we got to hug her and love her.




6. We drove to Kennewick after it was over and visited Bret and Tania. It was only a short time but we got a little fun in with the boys while we were there. Miller amazed me at how much he understood in spanish when we went and visited his class!!



7. I couldn't have a trip to Idaho without a cousin craft (we missed one important member-Olivia). Our little craft ideas turned into big projects though and a little time turned into a few days worth of working on them. We made church books and painted block signs. The best part was being together and talking with just us girls and of course the kids!

8. My most proud achievment was sewing Porter his first Halloween costume. I can't believe I got it done. My mom helped with a few hard spots and I thank her for that. Stay tuned for the official Halloween picture of him in it. It's really cute!!!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Thanks for mentioning that you missed me for the craft. I missed you guys to. It was just the wrongs weeks for me but next time I'll be there. I loved looking at all the pictures. I'm glad you had a good time. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with you, too! So glad you came to Kennewick!