Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm Back!!!

I am again back as a blogger enthusiast. I just had two months of laziness hit me. I hopeyou will believe me when I blame it on the pregnancy. I have had the worst case of tiredness and laziness the last two months. I have had no desire to do anything and have taken two naps a day for most of the days. I kept thinking to myself, "what are you doing, pull yourself together," but then soon after found myself jumping into bed again and saying, "who cares!" I am starting to feel much better. I am now about 15 weeks and doing great. I do not have the "baby bump" yet as many of you skinny girls have. I just look a little fatter than usual. I am not nauseated at all just because I take my miracle drug Unisom daily. When I don't take it because of work or something I throw up every time.

Any way enough about me. My main motivation of writing this blog is to have written down that Porter is now pacifier free!! YEAH!! It was the smoothest transition ever. I had been dreading how to eventually take it away from the moment I let him have it in the hospital when he was born. I have heard horror stories of toddlers and preschoolers still having their pacifier. What happened was I couldn't find any pacifier one afternoon and it was time to put Porter down for a nap. I decided to just lay him down and see what he would do. He was so tired that he just went right to sleep. He didn't cry one bit. The rest is history and I will never go back. It happened so smoothly and without tears I won't be so reluctant in giving a pacifier to the next one.
There are a few things that I missed telling about this summer and thought I would share:
It has been years since I have been able to go boating. I was so glad when Kristi and Dustin invited us to go boating with them a few days after the 4 th of July. Many of the Tlustek family went and we had so much fun. I went on the tube a few times and stayed on longer than Terry every time. Porter loved riding in the boat and even got in the water with me.
Not only the river, but Porter has grown to love the city pool. We have gone there a few times this summer and he loves it.


This is the fruit of my labors this summer. ONE red delicious tomato. I have been sad to read about everyone's garden being such a success, when mine turned out to be such a failure. I have to remind you all that I planted zuchinni, cucumbers, beans and two tomato plants and this is all I have gotten. We have babied this tomato till now when without any warning at all Porter picked it from the vine. We thought it wasn't quite ripe, but Terry bit into and thoroughly enjoyed it. There is nothing like a home grown tomato (so they say)! I have learned a lot though and hope that next year will be more fruitful :)!

We were so glad to be able to go and visit Bret and Tania. It is only about a 2 hour drive and definetly worth it. We had fun holding those tiny little girls and playing games with the family. I loved to watch Porter look with excitement into the swing to see those two precious little girls. He reacted with such softness and joy knowing that they were something special. I wonder where that comes from. It must just be a childlike attribute that comes automatically. We definetly need to imitate as adults. I kept wanting to catch him looking so precious on film, but as soon as the camera came out that is all he wanted.

3 comments:

Marianna said...

oh Bethany I just have to thank you for finally!!!! updating your blog so I have something to do other than study for hours and hours and hours and hours(well you get the point) Porter ofcourse looks absolutely adorable as always and you look quite beautiful yourself and as for Terry...ha ha just kidding:) he looks pretty good to. I can't wait until I can come visit you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Same with me!!!
Tell us more! Make our day a good one... :-(

Laura said...

I was SO tired when I was pregnant too... but, I wonder if the unisom makes you tired too? I didn't know it curbed nausea... Wow... I'll have to remember that for next time!
What a fun update -- I love all the pics and your garden story reminds me of all my gardening attempts the past few years. It's SO frustrating, isn't it? I'm sure your next attempt will yield tons of yummy vegetables!