Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween

Terry was Hagrid off of Harry Potter, I was a witch and Porter was a bear (thanks mom for the costume!)

Whoever invented the idea of trunk or treat is a genius. We had our annual trunk-or-treat for the ward last Wednesday and it was wonderful to only have to walk a little and see everyone. I have been so excited for Halloween this year because it is the first holiday that I think Porter was able to really be involved in and I was excited to see all the reactions he would have and the things he would do. I was surprised when he wasn't scared of Terry after putting on his wig, but he definitely was afraid of the fog maker by one of the cars. His favorite thing of course was getting the candy. He is no stranger to that and can already pick out the things he likes best. The suckers of course. His idea of trick or treating was a little different though. He would rather go get a piece of candy, eat it, then move on to the next one. It was a very hard concept for him to grasp that he had to leave it in his bag and eat a few at the end. One funny thing was how he would walk around and steal other kids candy. He was the Halloween theif for sure. It was so cute to see him so innocently reach into their bag only to pull out one of his favorites as the unsuspecting victim was looking the other way. A few kids caught him and did not think it was funny at all. We even got him to play a few carnival games that were going on inside the church. Throwing the bowling ball at the pins and then giving himself a nice round of applause was his favorite. I wish I would have gotten a video of that. I have definitely got to video things more. I know I will forget these special moments.

This is Alida and Aaron at the party we were invited to. He was a hick and she was barefoot and pregnant. Last friday we were invited to a Halloween Costume Party at Mike and Anita Horn's. No little kids were invited. So Terry and I had a wonderful night of fun to ourselves. I wonder if that was my favorite part about it. Anyway, it was soo fun. Everyone had wonderfully creative costumes. The refreshments were all about halloween, i.e. eyeballs in the punch, popcorn frankenstein heads and tons more. We got there and hung around for about a half an hour then we were split up into teams to go on a scavenger hunt where you use a video camera to tape the things you've done or find. We had a time limit and when we got back we watched each others tapes and laughed our heads off at the funny things we'd done. To top it all off our team won and we got gift cards to the movie store.

2 comments:

Marianna said...

So cute!!! I wish I could have seen porter stealing that candy and I'm so excited to have another niece!!!!!:) I love you guys and you Bethany love your costume especially your hat!

Laura said...

You all look so cute in your costumes! The halloween festivities sound like fun!!!