Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wonderful Fall!!

We have had a fun fun fun filled week this past week. It started off with us heading to Cincinnati to visit Bret and Tania and their family and also see my parents there. We enjoyed listening to general conference, talking, and of course playing games.

Porter loves to have play with other little kids and especially boys. We're glad that we have been able to visit Bret and Tania a couple of times.

I hope Porter is getting to know and love his Grandma and Grandpa Clark. He warmed right up to them and when they had to leave gave them each a big hug. I was so grateful that he did. Of course Grandpa Clark warms over the hearts of all his grand kids with spoiling them by letting them do things they wouldn't otherwise be allowed. Like in the picture above he let him crawl all over top of the car. We love you Grandpa and Grandma!!

My mom and dad headed back with us to Bedford to spend a few days with us. We were worried about how to fill our time with them, but ended up having a lot of fun and having about every minute filled with one thing or another.

The first thing we did was go to Blue Springs Caverns. It is a boat tour of an underwater cave. It ended up being really neat. I haven't ever been in a cave that far. We enjoyed seeing the blind fish that are only found in caves and blind craw fish. They don't have eyes because it is pitch black in the cave.

The next day we didn't have much planned for the morning, but my dad definitely had a few things he wanted to see and that was of course the farm land and harvesting. I didn't realize how much my did is a farmer at heart. He loved to just drive around to see the harvesting of soybeans and corn and whatever else neat thing he could see of that nature. That night we went to Little Nashville which is a little town full of unique little shops of the area. Then headed to the state park near there to see all the changing colors of the fall leaves. We didn't get to see much because it was rainy and foggy.

The last day we went and toured a little old fashioned village. It was so cute all decorated with fall mums and corn stalks. We got this fun fall picture together. We were so sad to see them leave and have to head back to the day to day grind, but we sure enjoyed their company.

Side note:

A couple of cute porter things.

Our little boy at heart went out to play outside the other day and found none other than a big black ugly cricket. He wasn't scared a bit of the wriggly little thing and played with it for quite some time until unfortunately I think it died. I just thought it was so funny that he loved playing with it so much and showed no fear at all. Not only that, but you can tell we let him escape in only his diaper. (How embarrassing!)

Here is a picture of our sticker lover. He loves to play with stickers now ever since we introduced him to them from my bag of tricks for sacrament meeting. When he gets a sticker from the Walmart lady he proudly places it right on his shirt. Either there or his forehead. I wonder who taught him to do that ???!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

You know what is funny about your post -- it made me think of MY dad. My parents are coming to see us this week, and my mom has already talked about "driving around to see the agriculture" because that is what my dad wants to do! Those Idaho guys truly ARE farmers at heart!

Marianna said...

oh man you should just not put such cute little things it makes me miss you guys to the maximum capacity of how much you can miss someone!!! Mom did tell me you guys are coming for CHRISTMAS!!!! I am so excited i can bearly handle it:)

Olivia said...

So glad you had a fun time! You deserved some fun family time.