Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's A Girl!!

Face profile


This is the picture to tell us the big news that it's a girl. Good thing we trust those ultrasound techs because there is no way I could have been able to tell from this shot.

We found out yesterday at our ultrasound what we are having. I am so excited to announce that we are having a girl. I can't wait to buy pink and frills. Terry is also so excited and teared up a little at the great news. It is always so fun to see that little baby sillouette on the screen and know that it is so real. Terry also felt her kick for the first time yesterday. She looks good the doctor said, "healthy and whole." Which is always great news! We took Porter to the ultrasound and thought he would enjoy watching it and sharing in the moment, but he was more preoccupied by all the other things he could get into or climb on in the room. Up until she let us listen to the heart beat for minute and had to record that. Porter stopped dead in his tracks looked at the screen for a minute and then started to dance. It was so funny! The ultrasound technician kept the heart beat on for quite some time just to watch him dance. We were able to have the ultrasound recorded on tape. We didn't get to have that with Porter. So we brought it home and everyone came over last night to watch it and find out the good news. Porter did repeat his funny routine of dancing to the loud heart beat. We all got a kick out of it again. Anyway we are so happy and are already trying to get Porter to say sister. No luck yet, but I think he has started saying no. Surprise, surprise that it would be one of his first words. hee, hee.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you guys.
But promise me, don't straighten her hair the first years! :-)
Love, Karolin

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy for you! And on a selfish note, I am happy that my twins will have a girl cousin their age on the Clark side! We're going to have so much fun. :-)

Sam and Mary said...

Sure, now everyone starts having girls! :)

Laura said...

Congrats!!! THat is so exciting. Girls are so much fun to dress!!!! :)

Bedkes said...

Yeah!!! You will love having a boy and a girl. My kids have the best time together and I think they are about the same age gap as yours will be. I am so happy for you!!!

The Wynn Family said...

We are excited for you. Girls are so much fun. Bows, pink, and lots of "oh how cute" sayings! Enjoy!

Dana P said...

YEA!!! Girls are so much fun!! I am so happy for your guys!! I hope that you are feeling okay! Miss you!

Dana P said...

Oh and if you want to check out my blog, email me with your blog email address and I can add you:

purfam28@yahoo.com