Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Candy Shop

Anita Horn and Diana Megnin from the ward invited me over to have a candy making day with them. We made a whole day of it and made all different kinds of candy. We dipped turtles and peanut butter balls, baked sugar cookes and bar cookies. We made about 10 different types of things. I was so grateful that they included me in the fun. What a way to get into the Christmas spirit both by being included and by making the Christmas candy favorites!
They sent me home with a whole bunch of it. What a treat, now my treat plates are done and I look like such a homemaker.

Porter loved it too!! His favorite as you can see from the picture were the 3 dogs that they have. Porter LOVES dogs. They will keep him ocuppied for hours. He pets them and talks and laughs at them. These little dogs loved him too, they wouldn't leave him alone. They kept licking him and pushing him in his walker. It was so funny to see.
We listened to Josh Groban's new Christmas CD and talked and laughed all day long.
There were a few recipes that I already knew, but some were new to me and will become a family favorite!!

4 comments:

Liz  said...

Mmmm!!! Those candies look so good I could just eat them!!! I wish I could have been there to make them with you, what FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

This looks so fun! I'm glad you are making good friends in Indiana. So now you need to post the recipes so we can all have them!!!

Tess said...

Oh, I could taste them through the screen. How fun!

Olivia said...

Wish I was there, the treats look sooooo good!!!!!!