Monday, December 3, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

This is our family photo in front of our Christmas tree! You can even see our piano in the background. It looks from the picture like we are finished unpacking. Looks can be deceiving!! I don't have anything up on the walls yet and am looking forward to doing that. Terry couldn't believe me when all I could think about was getting the christmas tree up amidst our chaos of moving. It was the first thing I wanted to do. He is happy now though. He has to admit it looks really good and is getting us more excited for the holiday season.



Porter is 7 months old today!! Yeah! His next step is crawling. It's amazing to see how they go through the process of learning how to do it. He has got the army crawl/scoot down. He can get his knees up into position, but he just sits there in the crawling position. You can almost see him thinking "now that I'm up how do I get to that paper I want so bad!" They learn fast though. He also is just a talker. During Relief Society yesterday someone was holding him and he was just playing with some toys and talking away. If it were me I would have put his pacifier in his mouth so that he wouldn't disturb anything, but all the sisters loved it. They were just smiling at him like crazy. It is fun to hear him wake up in the morning and just be cooing away in his crib.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tree, Bethany! And I love the video of Porter trying to crawl!!!! So cute! He'll be walking before you know it.

Olivia said...

Good for you getting that tree up! It'll just feel more like Christmas now. More like a home.

Marci said...

Bethany, this is Marci, Ruffin's sister. I just noticed your video and wondered if you could share how you got that posted to your blog. I haven't been able to figure it out yet and would love to know if you can spare a minute or two. Thanks so much. Your Porter is a doll!