Monday, March 10, 2008

WORK!!!???

I just thought I would write a little update on how my new adventure of starting to work while raising a family was turning out. I hate to admit it but so far it is wonderful!! Only because I get to work in the best place in the hospital. I am going to work on the Mother/baby unit, but these last few days I have been orienting to different areas first. They like to do that just so you can get an idea of what they do in the other areas related to mother/baby. I spent one day in the NICU another day in the nursery and one day on labor and delivery. My favorite was in the nursery. I just held babies all day long. Can you even call that work and get paid for it too??? I think that I might want to transfer there soon!! Anyway, I really liked all the areas. So far I haven't missed out on anything fun and actually had a wonderful blessing come out of it all. My little Porter got sick on Thursday and I was scheduled to work on Friday. I just didn't know what to do. Donna couldn't babysit because she was going to the temple too. I convinced Terry to take a sick day but was still worried about what we were going to do with Porter after school while Terry went to swim practice. I went to work leaving the mess in Terry's hands to figure out what to do, praying all the while that it would all work out. I went to work and at about 11 am looked out the window and it was snowing and blowing and had already snowed about three inches. You've got to remember that we had had 50 degree wheather before this and thought the snow was done for the winter. All it takes is an inch of snow on the ground for school to be cancelled here. I called Terry and sure enough school was cancelled and so they had to cancel all school functions after school too! So Terry was able to stay with Porter all day. He took him into the doctor's office and he had two ear infections. Needless to say I was soooo grateful that it did work out. I know it may sound simple and such a little thing but at the time I felt like it was the biggest blessing ever! I just don't want Porter to get any less than the best because I am working!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Great post. I am glad it is working out for you. What a blessing the snow was! What a great job to be with the babies. Does it make you want another soon?

Anonymous said...

Its so nice when things just work out like that. Been there! I'm glad you like your job and it sounds like things are going great.

Liz  said...

How are you guys doing? We can't wait to read all about Terry!