Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter Family Pictures

Porter in his easter outfit. I wish I could have taken a picture by some spring flowers, but we have had nothing but rainy weather here for quite some time. The grass is turning green and the daffodils are coming up though. I am excited for spring. It is my favorite season of the year.

We went to the temple on saturday and had a little family picture. It is always a wonderful experience to go to the temple. We had planned to go to a session, but when we got there it was already full and we even got there early. We had Porter and Kelcy, Terry's niece, was babysitting him. We thought it would be to long to wait to go to the next session, so we did a few sealings. It was good to hear the blessings and covenants given in the temple sealing again and again. I felt a little bad that we weren't doing an endowment session. I just had to remind myself that any part of the work was great and as the temple sealer put it as we left the sealing room, "Thank you for being saviors on Mount Zion for your kindred dead." So simply put, but so inspiring. The best part of all was that it only took like 45 minutes to do sealings and so then Terry and I just went and sat in the celestial room for a half an hour. That was such a treat!! Sometimes I feel like after 2 hours of being in the session you almost feel like you need to enjoy the celestial room, but just don't have the time. This time we had plenty of time to just relax, because Kelcy was thinking we would be gone for 2 hours and we had only been gone for an hour. There was only one other person in there so it was so peaceful! Our temple trip was great!!

2 comments:

Liz  said...

What a beautiful family!!! I just love the temple... I feel the same way about sitting in the celestial room sometimes I don't get to spend enough time in there after I do a session. I can't wait for you to come to the Rexburg Temple, I miss going with you! Love you guys!!!

The Wynn Family said...

You have such a cute family! Brad and I got to go to the temple this week too. It seems we don't make it there very often. But when we do it makes our day so much better.