Saturday, April 19, 2008

Alida and Aaron Bingham's Wedding

We went to Alida's (Terry's sister) wedding on Friday. It was so wonderful! It is the only sealing I have been to besides my own. It was neat to be able to comfortably sit back and enjoy the ceremony. I liked that the sealer encouraged them to look at each other throughout the ceremony rather than him as he talked. I wished we had done that. I think it made it special for them to look into each other's eyes.
All of her brothers and sisters were there outside the temple. They got some memorable pictures. I love that!
It was the perfect day. It was sunny and not too warm. We had to take some pictures by the tulips in full bloom. They are one of my favorite flowers!
Porter loves to be outside and is getting to love the grass, dirt and rocks. He was gentle with the flowers. It was his first encounter so I don't think it will last long. I set him down and thought that he would pull all the petals but he didn't.
We went to the reception that night and helped out with making sure there was always enough food on the refreshment table.
There was a dance after the formal reception part and made the reception so much fun. I don't think that I have ever been to a reception that fun. Everyone was dancing-young and old. It went on for a couple of hours. I am trying to get Terry to take a couples dance class together. After the fun we had he might be more willing to do it.
We had to decorate the car of course. We used oreos and paint. It turned out pretty cute.



7 comments:

Liz  said...

In all the sealings I have been to I have never heard the sealor tell the couple to look at each other, they have always said to look at him, that is interesting.
What a fun reception! It makes Idaho receptions look pretty boring!!

Olivia said...

Isn't spending time with family fun!! I'm glad all of Terry's family could be together.

Jennie said...

Oh I love live sealings. That is interesting about looking at each other, Grant and only did that naturally and after, and at other sealings, I have almost felt bad that we didn't look at the sealer, but now I don't, I really enjoyed that in our sealing. What temple is that? And I also have tried to convince Grant to take dancing lessons with me.

Anonymous said...

What a fun family day. I bet you just love living by so much family! What temple is that?

The Wynn Family said...

I love that video of Porter dancing. He is talented!

Marianna said...

Bethany!!!!How in the world did you get such a cute kid??? It must be because he is related to me!!:) I can't wait to see you guys. I am so excited I can hardl hold still when I think about all the fun times we are going to have!!!!!!!!!

Marianna said...

Bethany!!!!How in the world did you get such a cute kid??? It must be because he is related to me!!:) I can't wait to see you guys. I am so excited I can hardl hold still when I think about all the fun times we are going to have!!!!!!!!!